Posts Tagged FontDoctor
Today we released FontDoctor 8.2 for Macintosh. This update addresses issues for Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion). The update is free for all FontDoctor for Macintosh v8 and higher.
The update can be downloaded here
FontGear, Inc. of Charlotte, NC announces the release of FontDoctor for Macintosh v8.1
FontDoctor has long been the industry standard software tool for font problem diagnosis, repair, organization, and now font archiving and back-up. FontDoctor is a professional software application that will locate and eliminate hard-to-find font problems that wreak havoc on the Macintosh system performance and applications. FontDoctor will scan font folders (on local hard drives or over a network) to locate and repair common font illnesses, including corrupt or damaged fonts, missing Postscript fonts, missing bitmaps, corrupt/damaged fonts, font ID conflicts, extra fonts sizes, mixed fonts types, and lots more.
FontDoctor will also organize your font files and generate font diagnosis and organization reports as needed.
What’s new in v8.1:
- Mac OS X 10.7 support and compatibility
- Completely updated interface
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
* A free demonstration version can be downloaded from www.FontGear.net
* The update is FREE to version 8 users. Older version can be upgraded for $19.99.
* FontDoctor is available for $69.99/Single User License and can be ordered and downloaded from our website at http://www.FontGear.net using all major credit cards, or by calling 1-800-583-2917.
* FontDoctor is also available for Microsoft Windows
* FontDoctor supports TrueType (Macintosh and Windows (.ttf, .ttc) versions), PostScript Type 1, PostScript Type 3, Multiple Master fonts, OpenType fonts, DataFork fonts, and bitmap fonts.
FontGear Inc. is a leading professional software development company for Macintosh and Windows, specializing in font application tools for graphics professionals and the printing industry. FontGear Inc. is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
We are working hard to update all of our software products for Apple’s newly released version of Mac OS X (v. 10.7, called Lion)
Over the next few days we will announce the updates as they become available and will be offered as free updates to our existing customers.
All of our test show that there are no major issues with any of our existing products running on Lion. Most of the problems we’ve seen so far are related to then user interface (window refreshes, controls not drawing correctly, etc.)